Checkout my interview on Al-wattan newspaper
(date: 15-10-2011 page 13)
A shot of the newspaper:
I never wanted to do any interview at all, one of my Facebook friends Liked my artwork and told me that her friend is a Journalist and he want to make an interview with me.. so I contacted him, he was so kind and helpful so he asked my some questions and after some days my mom called me, she was happy saying that I'm on the newspapers
It feels good, having a lot of messages from family, friends and co workers and all of them were happy
Here is a Link to the online interview: (it's on Arabic) the translation below
Here's the translation of my interview:
He exceeded the dimensions of endless drawings were the embodiment of reality mixed with fantasy and creativity .. Mohammed Al-Mutairi began drawing a hobby since childhood and keeps refining his Art until now .. «Al-watan» interviewed to identify the beginnings and the ambition and the tools used and the difficulties encountered and how overcome them and the extent of support received.. The following is the text of the meeting, which we conducted:
Tell us about yourself and your talent?
- My name is Mohammed Mubarak Al-Mutairi , I'm (27 years), I started drawing since the first day I learned how to hold a pen and grew up drawing until this day with both traditional and digital media, most of the drawings of the my art are inspirited from Fantasy, movies, video games, drawing is my talent, and it is the way how I express my inner feelings, the best moments I lived and a way to let go my imagination and feel the surroundings in a different way.
1- What tools to use in drawing?
- I use for drawing traditional media tools like pencils, pen and ink and for digital media on Photoshop software , Wacom Cintiq WX12 and Wacom Bamboo.
2- When and how did you start?
- I started it at an early age about 6-5 years .. From here started to like drawing, playing with colors and coloring books, Television cartoon series has a big role because I was trying to imitate their forms properly and learn to draw them, here I began to learn drawing.
3- Where did you learn this hobby?
- The beginning of learning how to draw was by teaching myself and developed myself by myself with lot of practice and drawing train all that is around me to exploit all the means of education and draw things with different dimensions and forms. School's role was developing me in how to use drawing tools like brushes, pens, and some other technical tools, but the major role is self-development and take advantage of some books about teaching drawing.
4- Do you encounter difficulties? How do you overcome them?
- Yes In the early years I did not have anyone to guide me on how to refine this talent and that I learn the right way I started to learn by myself and developed this hobby with the help of those who have more experience in this area,
and now I'm having some difficulties because of the lack of time to spend more time on drawing because of the work and study, but this does not make me stop and try to spend my free time on enjoy drawing and keep practicing.
5- Did you receive encouragement from one or support?
- Yes, certainly I have received all kinds of encouragement from my family and friends.
6- Did you participate in contests or Art exhibitions?
- I have participated in exhibitions in high school, and participated in some competitions in some drawing forums on the Internet.
7- What do you prefer in your art, realistic or fantasy? And why?
-I like fantasy drawing over realistic drawing because fantasy drawing makes the artist distinct from the rest of artists because it uses his imagination on drawing characters, forms and things did not exist in reality, making these forms or characters belong to him and a symbol of his own away from copying things in reality and things that are painted by many artists.
8- Do you have ambitions, plans or goals for the future? What are they?
- My ambitions in the future is to develop myself more and more, start my own business and start drawing and design for everyone.
9- Pages of the drawings for all to see?
My Facebook: The Art of iFreeze! (Mohammad Al-Mutairi)